How to create a beautiful business logo? (typeface, colours, templates)
What do you need to know first?
You can be very successful with a weak name. You can be very successful with a hopeless logo. Only why add extra workload to the already demanding business game? If you can help yourself and you can make it easier by making a good name and logo of your allies, than why not? There are a few types of logo’s that can be used as a company or personal brand. Emblem Logo: You can have a sign that (yet) does not mean anything, but it has a hidden or explicit symbolism that will reflect the spirit of your company. Such logotypes need the most time to become recognizable and start to “give” their strength further. You can also use well-known symbols, but here you must ensure that they are used in a clever, original way, that your logo is original, unique. Examples: Apple, Shell, Nike, Mercedes, Mascot Logo: Depending on the character of the company and the history behind it, you can use mascots, symbols and figures. It can be a historical figure, a silhouette of founders or a mascot invented especially for your company. In this way, you’ll give the company a much easier and archetypal character. Examples: Twitter, Lacoste, RedBull, KFC Lettermark Logo: Sometimes the best idea is to choose, or create a suitable font, which will be consistent with the nature of your company. A properly selected font may turn out to be key and in this way, every text written in this way will be associated with your company. Examples: Google, Coca-Cola, Facebook Combination Logo: The most frequently recommended by me model is the combined model. Showing the character of the company by combining a suitably strong symbol with a well-chosen font is, in my opinion, the best solution. Thanks to this you can use the “full” version of the Logo along with the description, or use only the icon. Examples: Amazon, Microsoft, AirBnB, Lamborghini
How to create a great business logo?
- The free way: To make your logo fit your business, think about it, put time and attention to who your target group is, what’s important to you, what emotions you want to evoke. My goal is not to present you the theory and rules of creating logos, but to give you tools that you can use right now. That’s why I will present you the 3 best ways that will help you create the logo yourself, ok?
- Signature or handwritten inscription. Yes! One of the methods is to use a tablet or even a marker on a white sheet and create several versions of the inscription, the parka, and then transfer it to the digital form. Especially useful if you are building your personal brand. This followed, for example, Gary Vaynerchuck, Celine Dion, and corporate brands like Ray-Ban, Virgin.
- Hatchful. A simple, fast and intuitive logo generator. It will guide you through a series of questions, and then you can freely modify your chosen logo proposal. Best of all – after registration, you can download files that will allow you not only to publish materials with your logo on social media but also to print a business card, rollup or large format projects. (Hatchful)
- Canva. I often use canva for quick projects, creating content for social media, but I do not know if you know that canva also helps to design a logo? A good idea is to become familiar with this tool. That’s why I gave Canva at the top of the list. In my opinion, the choice is limited and the functionality is based on the modification of already created patterns, but this is one of the possible starting points. (Canva)
- The cheap way:
- TailorBrands. Here, you will be carried out “by the hand” asking questions about the industry, the style you like and on that basis will propose you several projects of your logotype. Designing itself is free, but to download your logo, you need to register and pay a fee, you pay from £ 6.99 for a one-off download. (TailorBrands)
- LogoMakr. Although you can design your logo and download files in low resolution for free, you need to pay £ 12 to access files in higher resolution and curves. This app requires a bit more sense, but it allows you to search in a very rich database of symbols and fonts. (LogoMakr)
- Fiverr. You can use a website that gathers artists from around the world and start working on your mark for just a few pounds. Pay attention to the work already done and the person’s references, so that you do not have unnecessary disappointments afterwards. (Fiverr)
- The right way: From my observations, the best logotypes are created in cooperation with professional designers. Mostly the logo that impresses you or perfectly matches the company has been carefully prepared by the branding studio. A professional company will guide you through the full process of discovering the real image of your company, and then will present a sign that will be a perfect extension of your vision. Such a symbol will strengthen your company and save your effort, energy that you put into the company.If you are interested in creating your logotype with us, enter here.
This series of articles includes:
- How to create a great brand name?
- How to create a great business logo?
- How to create a useful business website?
- How to create slick business cards & stuff?
- How to brand your business in social media?
So stay tuned as articles will be released weekly, to stay informed click here. PS. I believe in you! You are awesome!